Published on 19.09.2022.
Bangalore Flooded With Heavy Rains-2022.
After 42 years, such torrential rains caused a havoc in silicon city just last fortnight. The normal functioning came to a standstill. Offices were partially closed and the IT sector got a real jerk in its normal functioning. Water had entered the residential as well as official buildings, especially in the low-lying areas of Bangalore. Schools were closed down and the even the CEOs of the technical hub had to ride on tractors to reach their place of work. Main roads were inundated with floods and the high-profile cars and vehicles were literally submerged in the flooded roads. A scene nobody would like to see any time. The so-called Silicon Valley of India had gone under the thick layer of water lakes and ponds. The biggest lesson should have been learnt by the municipality section to improve upon the infrastructures so that any such eventuality is met with successfully in the future.
Following are the main headlines from print media for the Bangalore heavy rains episode-which made the silicon city totally submerged in the heavy flood like situation:
- CEOs Ride Tractors to Work as Rains Engulf India Tech Hub
- India’s Bengaluru braces for more heavy rain after short reprieve
- Heavy rain brings Bengaluru to its knees – The Hindu
- Boats and tractors replace cars in ‘India’s Silicon Valley’ – BBC
- Explained: Why Bengaluru chokes every time it rains
- India’s Silicon Valley Flooded by Rains, Exposing … Infrastructure Woes
- Boats deployed to rescue residents from inundated areas
- In India’s Tech Capital, Floods Leave Workers Riding Tractors to work.
- Torrential rains, floods and power cuts disrupt lives, business operations in India’s Silicon Valley
- Primary and high schools in Bengaluru East Zone to remain closed tomorrow
- India’s Bengaluru flooded after days of torrential rains
- Bengaluru gets the highest rainfall in 42 years; case against … case against BESCOM after 23-year-old dies of electrocution
- Bengaluru hit by flooding, traffic jams after heavy rain – Scroll.in
- Bengaluru Floods: Nature’s fury or manmade disaster?
- Scientist says sudden, heavy rain in Bengaluru because of global …
- When Will The Troubles Of Bengaluru Come To An End?
- Bengaluru floods: IT companies face brunt of heavy rains
- It’s raining misery | Heavy rainfall triggers floods in Bengaluru
- India’s IT capital Bengaluru brought two knees by heavy rains …
- Bengaluru Floods–Could This Have Been Prevented?
- Bangalore floods: Multi-crore Bentley, Lexus, Audi & other luxury cars submerged
Finally, here above is this brief video explaining the whole Bangalore -Heavy rains episode in details and visuals.